Rosario Dawson Comments on Weight and the Industry

Actress Rosario Dawson (Clerks 2, Josie and the Pussycat dolls, Seven Pounds) recently stated in an interview,



"I'm on the East Coast a lot and I feel uber skinny and super young. I come to California and I feel fat and old. I'm 31, I'm starting to get old. I'm not emaciated. The amount of times I've been told to lose weight is unbelievable, I kid you not."
So why is this still an ongoing trend in Hollywood?  It seems that as time has progressed and were moving away from the uber skinny chick playing the lead role and that curvier women were getting more rolls on screen and television.  However, with Dawson's recent comment and also with a very skinny Lea Michele popping up recently, it seems that's no the case.

Another question that this brings up though, is it just the industry or could this be an East Coast West coast rivalry that we have on our hands?  Is it more acceptable to have some weight on while on the East Coast and not on the West Coast?  It seems that people on the West coast don't just "show a little skin" but rather "a little bone" too.  There is also the fact that people on the West Coast are more athletic and active due to the abundance of sunshine they receive!  What do you guys think about skinny being in...does it plague the industry??

I was fortunate enough to meet Rosario while celebrating at the Wrap party for her upcoming film Unstoppable with Denzel Washington and Chris Pine, and I must say she definitely does NOT need to lose any weight.   She is just as beautiful on the inside as on the outside and was a joy to meet.  Rosario is continually involved in activism in the Latino community as well as the United Way and Immigration Reform and I commend her for speaking out these issues. 


Source: OhNoTheyDidn't




CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment